We understand what your company needs to succeed
Our expert team have supported thousands of companies across the UK through all investment stages.
We understand your needs
We have helped thousands of businesses to grow over more than 30 yearsLearn more
Experienced in all sectors
We have a team of specialists who have worked in various sectors all over the worldLearn more
Local office network
Our local presence means we can provide support whenever you might need us.Learn more
- Must be located in Yorkshire or the Humber region
- £100,000 - £750,000 available
- Established and growing businesses
- Ambitious, growth-orientated trading SMEs
- An ambition to grow employment
- Mercia will lend alongside mainstream finance - “helping to make deals happen”
- Working capital and capital expenditure projects
- One to five-year terms, typically three years
Apply for a loan from NPIF - Mercia Debt Finance today .
- Must be located in Yorkshire, the Humber or Tees Valley region
- £50,000 - £2.0million available
- Consider proof of concept and pre-revenue businesses
- Ambitious entrepreneurs and established management teams
- Innovative businesses with clear market pathway
- Strong IP
Apply for equity investment from NPIF - Mercia Equity Finance today.
Supportive investment for innovative companies all over the UK
Mercia is a specialist asset manager focused on supporting high-growth SMEs which we believe are often hidden in the UK’s regions. We provide venture, private equity and debt to help great management teams scale their businesses and our vision is to be the first choice for investees, fund investors and employees.
We are delighted to be an appointed fund manager for the British Business Bank's Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund through our wholly owned managed-fund subsidiary companies.
To find out more about the Mercia Group and other funds which we invest please visit our home page.
"We've always found Mercia people to be down to earth, commercial and, invariably technically as sharp as a pin."
Jeremy Cole - Founder
RedSky has worked extensively with Mercia principally through their involvement with the Northern Powerhouse Investment fund. We have always found them very professional
At the Growth Hub we have worked closely with Mercia on a number of occasions in supporting business needing finance for growth, and Mercia have adopted a flexible and at times innovative approach.
Mercia immediately stood out as being people they wanted to work with. It was apparent very early on that the team had a track record of bringing expertise and value creation beyond financial investment
Santander Corporate & Commercial Banking is delighted to back the SME Loan fund and support the professional team at Mercia which has already helped so many SME’s with their growth plans.
Acceleris have worked with Mercia for many years and have several common investee companies amongst our respective portfolios. During this time, we have come to appreciate Mercia’s approach to investing in the technology sector and appreciate their honest and open way of working and problem solving when issues arise.
Mercia has supported thousands of businesses over more than 30 years.
- We’ve got a great track record of helping our portfolio companies to open up new markets or launch new products across a wide range of sectors
- Our teams employ highly innovative strategies using the latest technologies and platforms to help you drive value from your business
- Mercia's Platform is a vital element of the service we provide to our equity portfolio helping to build high-calibre Boards to achieve your strategic goals.
- We pride ourselves in a strong culture and our shared values which is best shown through Mercia Spirit.
Dr Mark Payton, Chief Executive Officer
Your investment team
Mercia works closely with each of its investee companies and so the investment team can play an important role in helping your business to succeed. The team is well networked and is able to create new networking opportunities for you, as well as be on-hand should you wish to raise further finance.
Century-old family property business makes fifth acquisition11 Feb 2020
Funding helps packaging machinery firm to boost sales07 Feb 2020
Loan helps micro brewery to launch new range of ales03 Jan 2020
Demand for health snacks drives growth at wholefoods firm23 Dec 2019
Trying to determine which type of finance you need can be a complex process.
- For young, pre-revenue businesses which have strong IP then venture capital finance might be suitable.
- For more traditional businesses and ones which are already generating revenue, then perhaps a business loan taken over a three to five-year period might be more suitable.
- Or maybe your business is ready for the next stage of growth in which case you could be considering growth capital
Whatever your position, Mercia has a range of funding solutions across each of these different types of finance which we would be delighted to talk to you about.
We are actively looking for new businesses to back so please do get in touch today.
Where can you meet us?
One of the things which we pride ourselves on is our regional presence. Being in the communities in which we invest is essential to help build relationships with the financial community and the SMEs that we back. We're often at events, or hosting our own get-togethers. A few of our upcoming events are shown in the table below, but don’t worry if you can't make one of these, just get in touch and we'll arrange to visit you in person.
|Date||Location||Event Name||How to sign up|
|Several dates running through February||Leeds||Investment Readiness Programme with Winning Pitch||https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/winning-pitch-8606319458|
|Tuesday 11th February||Hull||Unlocking Humber's Potential||https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/events/unlocking-hulls-potential|
|Tuesday 25th February
||Rotherham||Sheffield City Region Growth Hub – Funding Business Growth Masterclass||https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/funding-business-growth-tickets-85758553141|
The Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund project is supported financially by the European Union using funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020 and the European Investment Bank
NPIF provides commercially focussed finance and is a collaboration between the British Business Bank and ten Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) in the North West, Yorkshire, the Humber and Tees Valley.
The funds provides over £400m of investment to boost small and medium business (SME) growth in the North of England.