Digital Communications Manager
Implementing the digital communications strategy: alongside the Head of Marketing and Communications, create and take ownership of the agreed, integrated digital and content strategy which promotes and protects the reputation of Mercia Asset Management across paid, owned and earned digital channels.
JOB PROFILE (Essential Functions):
As a Digital Communications Manager you would be responsible for several key activities including the following:
· Providing insight and analytics that will create and test hypotheses that will shape the digital strategy, which includes PR, internal communications, public affairs and sustainability functions.
· Channel management: Manage Mercia’s corporate digital channels day to day working closely with marketing, business development and partners to align activity for maximum impact.
· Campaigns: Devise, manage and execute integrated digital PR campaigns and plans that support the commercial objectives of the business.
· Content creation: create a sustained flow of meaningful, impactful and engaging digital content that supports and enhances our marketing message (paid, earned and owned) and wider business announcements and activity - from blogs and videos on owned channels to paid-for campaigns.
· Analytics and measurement: Provide digital insight and analytics that measure impact and inform strategic thinking and decision making across marketing and wider business.
· Reputation: Monitor and identify issues that have the potential to cause the business significant reputational damage and, where necessary, take a lead in project managing them on strategic and tactical levels
· Internal: Engage senior stakeholders across the business to maximise opportunities to deliver the media relations and marketing strategy.
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
· A digital-first creative mind-set and a get-up-and-go attitude with the ability to advise senior stakeholders and understand the priorities and needs of a complex business while pushing ideas and activity forward
· Ability to drive activity with strong organisational and planning expertise with a collegiate approach to get buy-in and support from key stakeholders
· Responsive and delivery-focused skill set – able to turn around quality work swiftly
· Calm under the pressure of tight deadlines with a good measure of level-headedness and confidence to manage a crisis
· Adaptability to be able to respond to evolving plans and directional changes
· Curiosity – keen to understand the ‘bigger picture’ and gather information / make connections
· Driven by continuous improvement – looks for new ways of working, takes ownership to generate ideas and deliver original and imaginative approaches to communications
· Well versed in social and influencer engagement, SEO, digital analytics, paid-for audience targeting and content creation
· Excellent oral and written communication skills · Ability to think broadly about communications strategy
· It is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).