Investment Manager – NPIF
As a member of the Mercia Investment team, you will be making investments in companies within the Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund (NPIF) geographical region, but this may also include the deployment of Seed EIS and EIS investment funds managed by Mercia.
You will also support the Fund Principal and the three Investment Directors with the preparation of investment documentation and reporting.
You will be presenting the investment thesis to the Mercia Investment Committee from inception and as your career develops you will be responsible for the development of the 100 day planning process and will be acting as an observer at portfolio board meetings, both assessing team performance and ensuring that the business has the right people in the Boardroom to deliver the investment strategy.
REPORTING TO: Will Clark – Fund Principal - NPIF
LOCATION: Primary office location – Leeds or Sheffield
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
The Investment Manager – NPIF will be responsible for:
- Identification and assessment of suitable new investment opportunities to achieve annual investment targets (at a team and individual level)
- Supporting the completion of investments including negotiation of terms, preparation of investment documentation, management of the due diligence process and control of the legal agreements
- Liaising with external advisers
- Supporting with the preparation of written reports and verbal presentations in respect of investment recommendations
- Supporting the post-investment monitoring of investments, including exit management
- Proactively supporting portfolio
- Providing information for the reporting of investment progress to the senior management team
- Ensuring service level standards and turnaround times are met
- Ensuring all regulatory and customer requirements are complied with
JOB HOLDER (Qualifications & Experience):
- Experience in a similar investment role/evidence of working with innovative/fast-growth businesses
- Demonstrate a knowledge of UK venture landscape
- Preferably a strong network within the NPIF region
- Demonstrate business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work and team ethic
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of financial analysis
- Strong Excel skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products
- Evidence of strong academic achievement. Whilst an accounting qualification or MBA is an advantage, this is not essential for the role.
- The successful candidate may be required to pass an Investment Management Certificate
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org