Marketing Graphics and Events Coordinator (Fixed Term contract for 9 months)
JOB PURPOSE: This is a key role in our Marketing team and you will be covering a period of maternity leave. We are looking for a focused and enthusiastic event planner to produce professional, high quality in-house events from conception through to completion. The role will also cover other marketing activities including social media, marketing campaigns and email communication.
JOB PROFILE (Key features):
- Implement the Group’s Events Plan and provide administration support to develop it.
- Manage all event details including registration lists (ensuring that all events are run at the agreed capacity), equipment and promotional material. Conduct research, gather information and present venue suggestion to the Head of Marketing & Communications
- Produce marketing material using InDesign software to help promote all events and engage in email marketing or social media as guided by the Head of Marketing & Communications to help promote the event.
- Provide support in the pre and post event marketing generating leads for the Sales/Business Development functions and helping to manage marketing campaigns.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day and conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on event feedback
- Provide administration assistance to the Marketing team as needed with particular focus on implementing the Group’s wider Social Media Plan which may include drafting email messages.
- Support other colleagues’ use of Quickbase or other CRM systems used by the business
- Provide support for in-house meetings at Manchester/Henley in Arden including catering, meeting room bookings and equipment.
JOB HOLDER (Typical Competencies, Qualifications & Experience):
- Creativity and flair for organising events
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to organise people to ensure an event runs smoothly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and a high level of organisation is essential, including the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency and ideally experience using InDesign
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter with a passion for technology and start-ups and a desire to progress within a growing investment business
- Regular travel throughout the UK required. These are usually day trips, but very occasionally overnight. Fortnightly team meetings take place in Manchester and Henley and candidates will be expected to join these meetings.
- BS in Event Management or related field is an advantage although not essential
- It is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org.