What information do we collect about you?
If you are a director of a company, or co-investor into a company, which we have looked to invest in or provide debt funding to / invested in or provided debt funding to:
- Personal information about you, e.g. name, age, gender, title, date of birth
- Contact information, e.g. email, phone number, address, postcode
- Company information, e.g. employer company name, company registration number, company address, job title at company
- Event attendance information (where applicable), e.g. attendance at events, special dietary requirements
- Verification/identification information e.g. passport/driving licence numbers, tax certificate records and any other personal information contained within these documents (e.g. photos, gender, age, nationality, date of birth). Note that this may include ‘special categories’ of data about you (as denoted in the Data Protection Act 2018) such as your racial or ethnic origin, as well as personal data relating to any past criminal convictions and offences.
- Any other personal information contained in investment panel papers and company reports
Please note that where Mercia’s investment has been made through the facilitation of third party funding (e.g. from the British Business Bank including schemes such as The Recovery Loan Scheme), such third party organisations may have a contractual right with us to access and process all personal data collected about you for KYC and investment verification purposes. In these instances the relevant third party lenders will be acting as controllers of your personal data and will have their own privacy policies for how they process your personal data. In such cases you will be provided information on the third parties processing and storage of your data during your application process with us.
Why do we collect your personal information and on what grounds?
A director or co-investor of a fund or company which we have invested in
|Purpose for processing||Legal basis|
|Managing our investment in your company||Performance of a contract|
|Verifying your identity and preventing fraud (e.g. KYC and AML checks)||Compliance with our legal obligations
Performance of a contract or for taking steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you
Substantial public interest (in respect of special categories of personal data or criminal convictions/offences data)
|Fulfilling any legal or regulatory obligations (e.g. producing HMRC or international tax reports, performing suspicious transactions checks, recording phone lines for transmissions and executions of investment orders, and providing bi-annual investment reports to the FCA)||Compliance with our legal obligations|