Mercia is a national investment group focused on the identification, funding and scaling of innovative technology businesses with high growth potential from the UK regions. You will join our growing tax-efficient Investor Relations and Operations team in this brand new role.
In this role, you will support the team by building and maintaining relationships and providing vital investor and intermediary services.
JOB PROFILE (Key Features):
The Client Services Associate will be responsible for providing investor services for our tax-efficient products, and key support to the rest of the team. The successful candidate may not have significant experience working in a similar role, but client service or sales administration experience would be advantageous. A successful applicant would need to rapidly develop a good understanding of tax efficient funds (EIS and VCT) and Mercia’s investment strategy. Key responsibilities include –
- Work with the team to maintain positive on-going relationships with existing clients and intermediaries, delivering outstanding and professional communication.
- Take ownership for client queries; responding to all calls, emails and written enquiries, ensuring a quick turnaround time.
- Take responsibility for the distribution of fund documentation as requests come in.
- Follow-up with clients and intermediaries as necessary when applications are received, keeping them informed as to the status of their application.
- Work closely with the Fund Operations Manager to prepare client allocations and maintain the Investor Centre, our proprietary reporting platform, through which much of our client services are delivered.
- Reconcile and distribute six-monthly consolidated reports.
- On request, lead the preparation and distribution of ad-hoc documentation to IFAs and direct investors.
- Involvement in other projects or events as requested.
JOB HOLDER (Typical Competencies, Qualifications & Experience):
- The successful candidate will be bright, outgoing and driven, with an enthusiasm to learn.
- The successful candidate may have some experience working in a similar role. Some knowledge of tax-efficient investments and/or financial services is preferable.
- An outgoing personality and excellent telephone skills; comfortable speaking on the telephone extensively with clients and intermediaries.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail and good written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with a solid working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel in particular, CRM and database use.
- It is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: email@example.com
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.