We seek an outstanding individual, with strong organisation and planning skills to support a wide range of activities aimed at raising the profile of Mercia. Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will have the opportunity to support all areas of our business to ensure high-quality, on-budget/on-time events and communications plan.
Mercia is a values-based organisation built around our values of; Growth Focused, Trusted, Connected, Responsive and Responsible/Respectful.
This is a full-time position, based in our Manchester office and you will be expected to travel to other Mercia offices and locations as required. We operate a Flex+ policy which allows for a maximum of two home working days each week.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth delivery of our Events and Communications Plan.
Admin and logistics
- Managing the co-ordination of the marketing calendar and content plan ensuring that they are up-to-date and aligned with work in progress / planning. Project manage the delivery of the activities in that plan. Including but not limited to:
- Coordination of the creation and production of our collateral and other promotional materials. Keeping all materials up-to-date and coordinating requests for new or updated materials. Manage stock levels and coordinate the logistics for dispatch.
- Provision of event support across the business, including sourcing speakers, venue selection, leading the invite and registration process and producing event follow-up activity.
Systems and Tools
- Manage website updates through CMS, support with SEO optimisation and work with a website agency on monitoring and necessary updates.
- Co-ordinate and manage our knowledge hub ensuring that it remains current and relevant both in content and use case, monitoring UX and feedback loops.
- Support on the management of the company’s LinkedIn channels and other social media as appropriate.
- Create email automation journeys for clients on our marketing automation platform to generate more leads for the business.
Data and Reporting
- Capture results of marketing campaigns, producing summary reports with analysis of highlights and capturing these in relevant reports.
- Understand and support compliance with relevant regulations, data privacy policies, and industry best practices in all marketing activities.
Skills & Experience:
- 2- 3 years’ experience of working in a creative agency, or a growing company as part of an in-house marketing team.
- Marketing related undergraduate degree, or CIM qualification (desirable).
- Previous B2B marketing experience (financial or professional services marketing desirable).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong copywriting, editing and proofreading skills, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders.
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- Demonstrates a learning mindset and brings a can-do attitude.
- Experience with operating:
- Marketing automation platforms (HubSpot desirable).
- CRM platforms.
- Website CMS platforms (WordPress desirable).
- LinkedIn Marketing Solutions.
- Google analytics.
- Microsoft Office, ideally super user experience in common MS Office platforms including SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- We are a collaborative team and so it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Responsible/Respectful, Trusted and Connected).
- Given the regular travel to our other UK offices and locations, unrestricted mobility is a requirement. You’ll need to have a current / valid driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK and the use of a car. There may be occasional overnight stays required when setting up for events.
- You should have the right to work in the UK.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive base salary along with an exciting range of perks and benefits including our family-friendly benefits. We are working flexibly in line with our Flex+ Policy.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender reassignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if we receive sufficient applications for the position. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.