Do you have a basic understanding of EIS and VCT and a broader understanding of investments and corporate actions? Do you have sound numerical and analytical skills? Well, we would love to hear from you!
Mercia is a national investment group focused on the identification, funding and scaling of innovative technology businesses with high growth potential from the UK regions. You will join our growing tax-efficient Investor Relations and Operations team in this role. In this role, you will support the team with operational activities, alongside building and maintaining relationships and providing vital services to investors, intermediaries, and the team.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Operations Associate to provide operational support and investor services for our tax-efficient products, and key support to the rest of the team. The successful candidate may not have significant experience working in a similar role, but administrative experience in a financial or other regulated environment would be expected. A successful applicant would need to rapidly develop a good understanding of tax efficient funds (EIS and VCT) and Mercia’s investment strategy. We currently benefit from hybrid/flexible working arrangements and you will be expected to work 3 days per week in the Henley-in-Arden office.
Key responsibilities include –
- Oversee the reviewing and processing of client applications, ensuring accuracy and acting as an escalation point for queries.
- Close off the funds, preparing the EIS investor fee schedules, ensuring accuracy and agreement with the relevant mandates.
- Reconcile the cash and asset records to ensure there are no discrepancies.
- Assist with stakeholder communications, ensuring a high quality of service is delivered.
- Review all EIS transactions, allocations and payments.
- Liaise with finance to raise annual management fees in accordance with the client investments.
- Oversee the performance of the Custodian, reporting back to the EIS and VCT Operations Manager.
- Lead on the preparation and filing of HMRC compliance statements to ensure tax certificates are issued and produced.
- On the successful exits of investment, lead on the production of allocations and assist with investor and adviser communication to ensure the smooth distribution or reinvestment of proceeds.
- When an investment is unsuccessful, oversee the generation and distribution of loss relief letters for our investors.
- Prepare and distribute accurate valuation statements as requested for VCT and EIS investors.
- Creation and production of MI.
- Providing cover to the Client Services Administrator as required.
- Involvement in other projects or events as requested.
What you’ll need:
- The successful candidate will be bright, outgoing, driven, and have an enthusiasm to learn.
- You will have a basic understanding of EIS and VCT and a broader understanding of investments and corporate actions.
- You will have sound numerical and analytical skills.
- You will have excellent writing skills and be a strong communicator.
- You will be focussed, highly organised with attention to detail in everything you do.
- You will demonstrate solid project management skills.
- You will be flexible to take on additional tasks as required.
- You will be a proactive self-starter who thrives within a fast growing investment business.
- You will have experience of working in a financial or regulated environment.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with a solid working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel are essential.
- An outgoing personality with excellent telephone skills; comfortable speaking on the telephone with clients and intermediaries.
- It is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- You should have the right to work in the UK.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive base salary along with an exciting range of perks and benefits.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.