You are joining Mercia at the most exciting time in our history!
Mercia has an exceptional record in delivering investment returns based on our flexible capital solutions across four asset classes of venture capital, private equity, debt and proprietary balance sheet capital. Through the combination of a growing EIS fund, together with the Northern VCTs, Mercia plans to dominate the regional venture capital market and offer full life-cycle support, from seed to scale-up and beyond.
With strong regional investment track records and long-standing commitments to supporting fast- growing SMEs across the UK, Mercia has grown substantial portfolios across tax-efficient funds.
A new opportunity has arisen to support two of our four Executive Directors as their Executive Assistant. This is a temporary role with the possibility of permanency for the right candidate.
You must have demonstrable experience operating as an Executive Assistant, or a Personal Assistant for senior leaders and you will be able to hit the ground running. Highly self-motivated, professional, capable of managing your workload and prioritising tasks in a fast-paced environment, you will be a strong collaborator, with the ability to solve problems and juggle multiple tasks with ease.
- Maintaining inboxes and diary management.
- Assist in managing busy workload and priorities of Executive Directors
- Travel and accommodation arrangements (usually UK).
- Co-ordinating meetings and appointments.
- Preparing agendas and online papers/presentations for meetings.
- Taking and distributing minutes from meetings, along with tracking action points.
- Managing monthly expense claims.
- Taking ownership of matters not requiring direct or immediate input from the Directors, acting as a gatekeeper where necessary.
- Admin support with ad-hoc projects.
- Working with our Facilities Coordinator to share office responsibilities for our Henley-in-Arden location.
- Holiday cover with support to our other two Mercia Executives when necessary.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working at senior or executive support level and experience of dealing with stakeholders and senior management.
- Organised and pro-active with high levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle conflicting and changing priorities.
- A collaborative attitude and adept at building relationships across the business at all levels.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to manage own time effectively and think pro-actively.
- Maintaining an organised filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Willing to embrace new ways of working and bring best practice to the role.
- Comfortable and confident liaising with all stakeholders in a professional and friendly manner.
- Maintaining a strict level of confidence, and ensuring all data and information is line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- You should be mobile and prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices or locations for meetings as required.
- You should have the right to work in the UK and a current/valid driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK.
- We are a collaborative team and it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: email@example.com
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.