Are you AAT / degree qualified and currently studying towards a CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualification? Do you have experience within a similar role? Well, we would love to hear from you!
Mercia is known as one of the country’s leading regional investors able to drive significant and profitable growth through our Complete Connected Capital model. Our mission is to find great domestic businesses with global potential. Mercia is a responsible employer and we have built a culture where your professional and personal growth is as important as Mercia’s growth.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Financial Accountant to prepare the monthly management accounts for 2 corporate trading entities within the Group including all balance sheet reconciliations, journal postings and P&L variance analysis. We currently benefit from hybrid/flexible working arrangements.
Key responsibilities include –
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts for 2 corporate trading entities within the Group including all balance sheet reconciliations, journal postings and P&L variance analysis.
- Preparation of the quarterly management accounts for the Regional Venture and Private Equity managed funds.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts; both corporate and funds.
- Prepare information for the annual statutory audit and liaise with auditors throughout the interim and full year audits.
- Support the wider Finance Operations team with both the purchase and sales ledgers.
- Process drawdown notices, distributions and cash investment transfers for the managed funds.
- Provide assistance to the Group Finance team on project and ad hoc work e.g. implementation of a new employee expenses system and migration from Sage 50 to Sage Intaact.
What you’ll need:
- Preferably AAT / degree qualified and be studying towards a CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualification.
- Experience within a similar role.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and a strong ability to work collaboratively with different teams across the group.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- An ability to think methodically and logically with a strong desire to continue learning and developing.
- Able to work efficiently towards meeting targets and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with employees at all levels.
- We are a collaborative company and so it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive base salary along with an exciting range of perks and benefits.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.