You will be working alongside the existing Fund Administrators, supporting the investment teams in the administration of their funds, including but not limited to: the investment process, internal and external reporting processes, the day-to-day functioning of the funds and their investment portfolio. Reporting to the Head of Client Reporting and Fund Administration, the Fund Administrator will liaise extensively with the Fund Administration team, investment teams, Managing Directors and Chief Investment Officer
As a Fund Administrator, you will be responsible for assisting the investment teams and your fellow Fund Administrators with:
- Co-ordinating all investment applications by ensuring the correct information is logged in the asset management system (Quickbase) and that there are timely follow ups in line with internal KPI’s. Co-ordinating WIP reviews as part of the weekly team meetings and ensure that all information is up to date and accurate.
- Performing anti-money laundering (“AML”) checks on all parties involved in new deal completions and follow-on investments and in monitoring existing portfolios.
- Co-ordinating the documentation required for the deal completion process, from inception to completion, including cash transfer and post-completion tasks, ensuring that the documentation is compliant with both Mercia’s internal processes and external requirements, and is appropriately collated and filed.
- Maintaining investment databases and other records in respect of portfolio investments.
- Developing the agenda and producing minutes/action lists for meetings (e.g. weekly WIP meetings, general team meetings, quarterly portfolio review sessions, Investment Committee meetings).
- Collating portfolio companies’ monthly management information.
- Supporting the quarterly reporting process – adhering to timetables, ensuring all third-party information is collated in a timely manner, maintaining the valuations spreadsheet, production of the report, liaising with finance on quarterly accounts information, ensuring that Quickbase is up to date.
- Supporting the statutory annual audit process and any fund-specific audits.
- Assisting the investment teams on the development, co-ordination and production of internal and external reports and analyses.
- May be required to assist in arranging fund networking events.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent time management and a high level of organisation are essential requirements, as is an ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects independently.
- A passion for getting things right, tenacious in pursuing a query until satisfactory resolution; scrupulous attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Team player mindset and willingness to assist the team in ad hoc tasks as required.
- Self-starter, proactive, with a desire to make a difference within a growing investment business.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient in database use.
- Previous experience in administration roles, combined with strong controls background.
- Relevant experience in the financial services sector not a requirement but would be useful.
- We are a collaborative team and it is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (growth focused, responsive, knowledgeable, trusted).
- You should be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices, including (but not restricted to) Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle.
- You must have a full driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.