You are joining Mercia at the most exciting time in our history!
Mercia has an exceptional record in delivering investment returns based on our flexible capital solutions across four asset classes of venture capital, private equity, debt and proprietary balance sheet capital. Through the combination of a growing EIS fund, together with the Northern VCTs, Mercia plans to dominate the regional venture capital market and offer full life-cycle support, from seed to scale-up and beyond.
With strong regional investment track records and long-standing commitments to supporting fast- growing SMEs across the UK, Mercia has grown substantial portfolios across tax-efficient funds.
We are now looking for an Internal Business Development Manager to play a key supporting role within the EIS team.
The Internal Business Development Manager (iBDM) will join the tax-efficient team which distributes Mercia’s market leading EIS and VCT. You will be the digital hub of the sales team, focusing on digital outreach, events, setting up sales meeting for senior team members. You will work closely with the EIS team on content and strategy, but also the marketing team to enable digital reach. Subject to your performance, you will be expected to own specific accounts shortly after joining and will be correspondingly paid commission for funds raised.
Your primary focus will be on building and managing existing relationships, supporting the team by focusing on adviser engagement, however, there may also be some work with private investors. The team is growing in parallel to the ambition of the tax-efficient products team, who manage key partnership relationships across our key distribution channels: financial advisers, service providers, nationals, networks, private banks, wealth managers, accountants, solicitors, platforms and online intermediaries.
- Represent Mercia digitally using LinkedIn, Hubspot and other tools to drive engagement and build new relationships.
- Nurture existing relationships with regular communications, providing details of tax planning opportunities, reporting performance, and exit communications.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously, across different mediums.
- Engage with IFAs and private clients in person, on the phone, and most importantly via Zoom.
- Focused on KPIs to measure effectiveness of digital strategies.
- Work with Marketing and the Head of Sales to increase digital lead generation.
- Gather and interpret Management Information to inform decisions with accounts and delivery of activity, monitor pipeline and inflows against targets, recommend appropriate actions.
- Come up with new ideas for presentation and webinar content, compiling slide decks with the help of marketing to delivering to small and large groups at conferences and roadshows.
- Manage or participate in internal projects that may impact key partners, for example data feed integrations or new product launches.
- Keep up to date with wider industry developments especially those that will have an impact on distributors, advice firms and Mercia.
- This is an evolving role so you may be required to undertake additional tasks or participate in projects related to increasing business for Mercia
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Some knowledge of the tax efficient investment space (Business Relief Solutions, VCTs, EIS).
- Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate.
- Must be comfortable in using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms.
- Ideally have a background in digital marketing, tax product sales, advice/wealth firms, platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerical and analytical skills essential – need to be able to analyse and interpret management information and make recommendations resulting from this.
- Ability to comprehend a complex suite of solutions and translate these into simple and commercially attractive concepts for advisers, compliance teams and heads of businesses.
- Confident and credible presentation skills – be prepared to come up with content and deliver presentations to small and large groups, both in person and digitally.
- The ability to navigate conflict situations and disputes, working well with internal and external stakeholders.
- High quality interpersonal skills with honesty and integrity.
- Flexible work ethic and ability to work effectively in an office, home and travel environment.
- You should be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices or locations for meetings as required.
- You should have the right to work in the UK and a current/valid driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK.
- We are a collaborative team and it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: email@example.com
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.