You are joining Mercia at the most exciting time in our history! Following the acquisition of three venture capital trusts (VCT) fund management contracts in December 2019, this brings us significantly closer to achieving our strategic milestone of managing £1.0billion in AuM by 2022, and makes us a valuable and valued active asset manager.
Mercia has an exceptional record in delivering investment returns based on our flexible capital solutions across four asset classes of venture capital, private equity, debt and proprietary balance sheet capital. Together with the three Northern VCTs, Mercia plans to further dominate the regional venture capital market and offer full life-cycle support, from seed to scale-up and beyond, including when investee companies may no longer qualify for VCT investment.
With strong regional investment track records and long-standing commitments to supporting fast- growing SMEs across the UK, Mercia and NVM have grown substantial portfolios.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a new Fund Administrator within the VCT Team.
This is an opportunity to take a leading and formative role in the development of Mercia’s VCT business, developing and overseeing junior investment team members, making and managing VCT qualifying investments. You will:
- complement and represent the broader Mercia group by expanding our deal generating capability; bringing and building your own networks to source and de-risk investment opportunities;
- provide input on assessing early stage investments in the VCT team; personally transact and manage VCT qualifying investments;
- work closely with portfolio companies post investment, attending board meetings and likely managing follow-on investment and rounds, while also being able to add value-add scale-up advice, right through to exit;
- influence fund strategy and culture of investment decision-making, both at initial investment stage and in follow- ons;
- be expected to assist in the VCT fund raisings per the typical VCT fund-raising cycles.
- Typically you will have 5-7 years’ experience of being an Investment Director/Manager, within venture capital or a growth fund.
- You must have a demonstrable track-record of driving returns by working with portfolio companies; and will be comfortable being able to play this role for Mercia, recognising that returns are as likely to emanate from these activities as from initial asset selection.
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record of outstanding success in your career to date.
- You will ideally have a background in technology, likely with a STEM degree, ACA or equivalent.
- You will have an appreciation of Mercia’s core values and a desire to support the wider Mercia teams.
- You will have the right to work in the UK.
This role requires full mobility within the UK and therefore you will need to be able to drive in the UK and have a car for business use.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org