The Investment Manager will be responsible for:
- Identification and assessment of suitable new investment opportunities to achieve annual investment targets (at a team and individual level).
- Undertaking business development and self-generating proposals, actively promoting the Fund and its activities to its target audiences.
- Negotiating deals and executing transactions, including the technical structuring of competitive investment packages to meet the requirements of the Fund.
- Completion of all relevant financial, people and legal elements of any transaction, including management of any due diligence process and liaising with external advisors.
- Post investment after-care, comprising management and monitoring of the financial and operational performance of the investee company and supporting and giving guidance on its operational and strategic issues.
- Ensuring service level standards and turnaround times are met.
- Ensuring all regulatory and customer requirements are complied with.
- Preparing written reports and verbal presentations to the Investment Committee in respect of investment recommendations.
- Working with the rest of the team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous investment management experience combined with a strong technical background.
- Sound commercial acumen and analytical skills.
- Will ideally have a strong network within Yorkshire.
- Demonstrate business acumen and analytical skills.
- Evidence of academic and professional achievement/qualification.
- Strong work and team ethics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Experience of working with potential and investee companies at Executive level.
- We are a collaborative team and so it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- You must be able to drive and be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices and client sites.
- You should have the right to work in the UK.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive base salary, we have a range of perks and benefits which we believe help you to learn well, work well and live well, including:
- Work with a highly talented team – inclusive culture.
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (with the option to buy up to 1 additional working week).
- Discretionary days granted to cover the Christmas/New Year period.
- Option to carry forward up to 5 days annual leave each year.
- Private healthcare plan.
- Discretionary Group Bonus Scheme.
- Life assurance at 4 x salary.
- Income Protection Scheme.
- Personal Accident Scheme.
- Long term Incentive Schemes.
- Pension Scheme with employer contribution of up to 11%.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Leave (with qualifying service).
- Electric Vehicle Scheme (with qualifying service).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- 2 Mercia Spirit days annually.
- Wellbeing support – including a dedicated counselling service.
- Annual Flu Vaccine.
- Routine Eye Testing.
- Regular 121s and access to our new Learning Management System for training and career development.
- Company socials and more unique perks under Mercia Heart programme.
- We currently benefit from hybrid/flexible working arrangements. These are non-contractual and may be subject to change.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.