You are joining Mercia at the most exciting time in our history! Having completed a successful placing in 2019 to raise £30.0million and the acquisition of three venture capital trusts (VCT) fund management contracts from NVM Private Equity LLP, this brings us significantly closer to achieving our strategic milestone of managing £1.0billion in AuM by 2022, and makes us a valuable and valued active asset manager.
Mercia has an exceptional record in delivering investment returns based on our flexible capital solutions across four asset classes of venture capital, private equity, debt and proprietary balance sheet capital. Together with the three Northern VCTs, Mercia plans to further dominate the regional venture capital market and offer full life-cycle support, from seed to scale-up and beyond, including when investee companies may no longer qualify for VCT investment. With strong regional investment track records and long-standing commitments to supporting fast- growing SMEs across the UK, Mercia and NVM have grown substantial portfolios.
We are looking for Marketing Content Writer to join our existing team. We are looking for a talented writer to take responsibility for drafting our offline and online marketing content. Your creativity and love for all things written will enable us to expand Mercia’s digital footprint and brand awareness.
The Marketing Content Writer is responsible for:
- Crafting high quality engaging content for offline and online channels and outlets.
- Full-time writing, from long form blogs, to promotional content, to press releases, commentary to website / digital outreach.
- Creating relevant, informative and compelling marketing content.
- Be responsible for copywriting, supporting content-driven marketing and competitor analysis.
- Working with the rest of the Marketing team supporting any changes to guidelines for how the brand is expressed in writing.
Experience and qualifications
- This role is about writing, not production, so you might come with a more formal degree, or creative writing/theatre degree, as opposed to just media or marketing.
- We are looking for a bright, naturally inquisitive graduate.
- Solid understanding of the audience and what content they desire.
- Clear understanding of best practices of SEO and search engine guidelines.
- Some experience of writing creative, compelling, promotional content.
- A very keen eye for detail and perfection.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- A true team player.
- Proofreading experience desirable.
- Submission of writing portfolio preferable.
- We are a collaborative team and so it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- You must be able to drive and be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices.
- You should have the right to work in the UK.
- Primary office location – Manchester (remote in the short-term). Must be mobile and able to travel to other Mercia offices.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org