Mercia is known as one of the country’s leading regional investors able to drive significant and profitable growth through our Complete Connected Capital model. Our mission is to find great domestic businesses with global potential. Because of our strong local footprint, deep understanding and knowledge of the regions, we have been successful in finding such businesses through serial founders that trust us to invest and behave responsibly. Some of these are in quite discrete sectors which we are only able to access through our specialist expertise and established networks, many of which have performed well in this current environment. An exciting time for the company despite what has been an unprecedented year in terms of the disruption of COVID-19, Mercia has emerged a year ahead of plan and has already grown its team by more than 20 people over the last 12 months.
Our strength has come as a result of our people and culture that has Mercia’s values at its core.
We are looking for a talented Content Writer to join our Marketing team. You will take responsibility for drafting our offline and online marketing content. Your creativity and love for all things written will enable us to expand Mercia’s digital footprint and brand awareness.
- Crafting high-quality engaging content for offline and online channels and outlets.
- Full-time writing, from long-form blogs to promotional content, press releases, commentary to website / digital outreach to regulatory news and financial reports and presentations.
- Creating relevant, informative and compelling marketing and investor relations content.
- Be responsible for copywriting, supporting content-driven marketing and competitor analysis.
- Working with the rest of the marketing team supporting any changes to guidelines for how the brand is expressed in writing.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- This role is about writing, not production, so you might come with a more formal degree in literature, arts or business, as opposed to just media or marketing.
- We are looking for a bright self-motivated person who can produce quality copy from a brief or through investigation. The right candidate will show initiative as much as be able to follow directives that are highly regulated.
- Solid understanding of the audience and what content they desire.
- Some understanding of best practices of SEO and search engine guidelines.
- Clear experience of writing creative, compelling, promotional content.
- A very keen eye for detail, grammar and perfection.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- A true team player.
- Proofreading experience important.
- Submission of writing portfolio preferable.
- We are a collaborative team and so it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- You must be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices and ideally hold a driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK.
- You should have the right to work in the UK
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: email@example.com
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.