Do you have previous investment/portfolio management experience, with a sound technical background? Well, we would love to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting for a full time Portfolio Director to work closely with investee companies and Mercia colleagues to deliver positive outcomes for Mercia stakeholders, by determining clear strategies for value growth and ultimate exit.
The Portfolio Director will be based within the Yorkshire region and will be required to travel to other Mercia offices and investee companies on a regular basis.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Post investment after-care, comprising management and monitoring of the financial performance of the investee company, supporting and giving guidance on its operational and strategic issues.
- Monitoring investee company performance and anticipating funding requirements to avoid short calls for cash.
- Assessing requests for further funding and making recommendations.
- Writing investment committee papers and presenting to Investment Committees on portfolio company performance.
- Taking non-executive directorships on investee company boards where necessary.
- Promoting Mercia and continually building a strong network of contacts to assist in value creation.
- Regularly networking with the business and financial communities in target sectors/regions. Supporting new fundraisings and business development.
- Managing exit processes.
- Producing timely internal and external reports and valuations.
- Updating the group CRM system regularly to ensure records are always up to date.
- Ensuring all regulatory and customer requirements are complied with.
- Mentoring/managing the Portfolio team and developing less experienced colleagues.
- Supporting the wider development of the team and Mercia Asset Management.
- Alive to changes in the relevant investment market and provides feedback as appropriate to Mercia Group, to ensure we keep pace with the market.
What you’ll need:
- Having an established network of non-executives, turnaround professionals, FDs and advisers.
- Minimum 5 years’ portfolio management experience, combined with a strong technical background.
- Experience of working with Boards of investee companies, including making changes to the management team where appropriate.
- Sound financial and commercial acumen.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Strong work and team ethics and shares our Mercia Core Values.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Previous experience of mentoring/coaching/developing/managing teams.
- Ideally has achieved threshold competence or equivalent.
- Evidence of academic achievement – a degree is strongly preferred.
- We are a collaborative team and so it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- You must be able to drive and be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices and client sites.
- You should have the right to work in the UK.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive base salary along with an exciting range of perks and benefits.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.