Mercia is known as one of the country’s leading regional investors able to drive significant and profitable growth through our Complete Connected Capital model. Our mission is to find great domestic businesses with global potential. Because of our strong local footprint, deep understanding and knowledge of the regions, we have been successful in finding such businesses through serial founders that trust us to invest and behave responsibly. Some of these are in quite discrete sectors which we are only able to access through our specialist expertise and established networks, many of which have performed well in this current environment. An exciting time for the company despite what has been an unprecedented year in terms of the disruption of COVID-19, Mercia has emerged a year ahead of plan and has already grown its team by 24 people over the last 12 months.
We are now looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to play a key supporting role within the Finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be part of a growing finance team that is responsible for the accounting of Mercia’s parent and subsidiary companies, operating in a fast-paced, professional environment where everyone collaborates to drive Mercia forward.
As our Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, ensuring that at all times, appropriate controls and processes are adhered to.
- Accurate and efficient coding and inputting of supplier invoices for all Mercia entities
- Processing of employee expense claims
- Administration of an expense management system
- Knowledge of end to end purchase ledger process
- Processing payment runs
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with the year end and interim audits
- Support the Financial Controller and Finance Team with any adhoc projects
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to demonstrate previous successes in an accounts payable role
- Clear and professional communication skills with a tenacious, problem solving attitude
- Capable of forging strong supplier relationships
- Capable of building good relationships with the wider internal Mercia teams
- Experience of working in the financial services sector preferable although not essential
- Experience of working in a PLC environment also preferable although not essential
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace in order to meet reporting deadlines
- Ability to resolve supplier queries in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to implement system processes and improvements
- Highly computer literate with strong working knowledge of Sage Line 50
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Diligent, conscientious and professional with a strong work ethic and the ability to get things done, highly committed and able to demonstrate behaviours in line with Mercia’s core values
- Excellent attention to detail while maintaining a sense of the bigger picture and able to deliver consistently to a high standard, with a desire to strive for and maintain best practice
- Extremely well organised and self-motivated with an ability to prioritise and manage own time efficiently and effectively
- Able to work under pressure and understands the need to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality of outputs
- Able to work on own initiative while at the same time being comfortable working under instruction
- Enthusiastic team player with a positive approach, enquiring mindset and open and flexible attitude.
- It is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted)
- You must be able to drive and be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices as required
- You must have the right to work in the UK
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: email@example.com
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.