Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be part of a growing finance team that is responsible for the accounting of Mercia’s parent and subsidiary companies, operating in a fast-paced, professional environment where everyone collaborates to drive the business forward.
As Credit Controller and sales ledger person you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, ensuring that at all times, appropriate controls and processes are adhered to.
Job Profile (Key features)
- Preparation and processing of fee invoices to investee companies for all Mercia Group entities.
- Preparation and processing of fee invoices to EIS investors.
- Posting all invoices to SAGE accounting software.
- Monitoring cash received and updating the debtors’ ledger.
- Chasing outstanding payments by telephone, email and where necessary letter.
- Producing weekly debtor reports for review by the Financial Controller, Group Financial Controller and Fund Principals.
- Attendance at weekly debtor review meetings.
- Assisting with the year end and interim audits.
- Support the Financial Controller and Finance Team with any ad hoc projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- Ability to demonstrate previous successes in reducing aged debt, debtor days and overall outstanding cash.
- Clear and professional communication skills with a tenacious, problem solving attitude.
- Capable of forging strong client relationships.
- Capable of building good relationships with Mercia’s Investment Teams.
- Experience of working in financial services sector or FCA regulated business preferable.
- Sound evaluation and analytical skills
- Ability to implement system processes and improvements
- Very strong Excel skills.
- Good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
- Good working knowledge of Sage Line 50
- High literacy and verbal communication skills.
Personal attributes and behaviours:
- Diligent, conscientious and professional with a strong work ethic and the ability to get things done, highly committed and able to demonstrate behaviours in line with Mercia’s core values.
- Excellent attention to detail while maintaining a sense of the bigger picture and able to deliver consistently to a high standard, with a desire to strive for and maintain best practice.
- Extremely well organised and self-motivated with an ability to prioritise and manage own time efficiently and effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and understands the need to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality of outputs.
- Able to work on own initiative while at the same time being comfortable working under instruction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Enthusiastic team player with a positive approach, enquiring mindset and open and flexible attitude.
- It is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org