BACKGROUND & PURPOSE:
This is a new role for Mercia. You will be joining us at a very exciting time, where there is a real opportunity to make a difference, promoting learning across the Group and helping to shape learning experiences for everyone, from induction and beyond. We have been busy meticulously building our exceptional team over the last two years and there is a positive focus from the top on retention, career development and personal growth, as we move through 2021 and beyond. We are looking for an experienced Talent Coordinator to join our very dedicated People team. We work hard to deliver a great employee experience and we are looking for somebody who can help us to make each person’s learning journey exceptional.
ROLE OVERVIEW (Key Features):
You will partner with our line manager community, helping with the assessment of training needs from when somebody lands at Mercia and throughout their career with us. You will be mapping out plans, using outputs from our PDR process, our recently introduced Mercia Career Path Matrix and feedback from regular reviews/career discussions.
We are excited in this quarter to be implementing a learning management system (Kallidus) and will be looking for you to play an important role with this project. This project extends to our objective setting/annual review process and you will play a key role in the administration of this key activity for Mercia.
You shouldn’t be shy of introducing new methods of learning here at Mercia, we are open to being creative and effective with our training budget and our apprenticeship levy funds.
We are looking for you to contribute to the design and development of a blend of solutions and evaluate the effectiveness of all learning and development across the company, so that we can be sure that what we are delivering is adding value and achieving expectations.
You can imagine that as we have grown, so have the responsibilities of our managers, so it’s important for us to ensure that our managers are confident and skilled in their roles, through ongoing management training and creating a coaching culture within Mercia.
We are regulated by the FCA and so this means that there is training which is non-negotiable and some which is best practice for our sector. You’ll therefore need to familiarise yourself with what is required and work closely with our compliance team to ensure that the team are fully competent.
We are a small People & Talent Team so there will no doubt be elements of cross-over and there will be the usual admin which will need to be kept on top of and is part of this role.
There will be some opportunity to be involved in more general People projects as this role develops. Being part of a small team, we will always help each other out and share experience.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE ROLE?
At Mercia we are focused on our core values and so ‘how’ we deliver is as important as ‘what’ we deliver. Our values guide us and we strive to pull in the same direction and deliver great work. To be successful in this role, you will need to show us that:
- You have worked with an LMS previously and preferably have been involved with a system implementation and roll-out. In addition, any experience with the Culture Amp platform would be helpful for the regular employee surveys we run.
- You can design learning journeys, from scoping the need, to identifying content and materials across a variety of platforms, to evaluating success.
- You can manage your time effectively, delivering high quality work on time.
- You can be a trusted advisor and have the confidence and experience to gain the credibility of our team here.
- You excel at working in a fast paced environment where you are trusted to deliver.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the team at all levels.
- You are prepared to work hard and roll your sleeves up at times – we are a small team with big ambition! You may come from a large corporate training background where you will have picked up best practice along the way but you will need experience of delivering generalist L&D responsibilities.
- You may have an understanding of financial services or planning/delivering training in a regulated environment.
- You should be passionate about learning and we would like to see that you are continuing your own learning journey.
- You will have a good academic background or demonstrable career experience – we are a bunch of bright sparks here! You may be CIPD qualified but don’t worry if not, it’s more about what you have delivered.
- Experience as a HR Generalist who has at some point specialised in L&D may be helpful, given that we are a small team.
- You should be proficient in the use of the usual Microsoft packages.
- The People & Talent Team are based in Henley-in-Arden. You should be able to drive and have access to a car (Henley is not that easy to get to on public transport). There will be times when you may have to travel to training events and our other Mercia offices so you should be fully mobile and have the flexibility to sometimes work out of hours.
- You must share and be able to demonstrate your belief in our Mercia Core Values/Behaviours.
- You should have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.