We are looking for an experienced Talent Development Coordinator to join our very dedicated People team and grow your career with us. You’ll be promoting and coordinating learning across the Group, helping to shape learning experiences for everyone on their Mercia journey. Career development and personal growth is high on our agenda as we move into 2024 and as we continue working hard to deliver a great employee experience.
Mercia is a values-based organisation built around being Growth Focused, Trusted, Connected, Responsive and Responsible/Respectful. We work hard to create a workplace which accepts every person’s differences, and our culture is strong and inclusive. We are proud to hear the team describe us as ‘friendly, fun, collaborative, welcoming, exciting, down to earth and caring’. We believe that creating an environment where you can be your best at work makes us stronger. We know from research that you may not be tempted to apply for a role if you don’t meet all of the experience requirements, but if you can demonstrate that you have transferable skills for this role, then we welcome your application. Equally, if you need any reasonable adjustments through the application or interview process, please just ask us.
While we see this vacancy as a full-time position, we know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, so we have a Flex+ policy in place which allows for core hours and some homeworking during the working week. You would be expected to be fully mobile and travel to other Mercia offices as required.
In this role, you will partner with our line manager community, helping with the assessment of training needs from when new colleagues land at Mercia and throughout their time with us. You will be mapping out development plans, using outputs from our PDR process, our relaunched Mercia Career Path Matrix and feedback from regular reviews/career discussions.
We have implemented Kallidus Learn and will be looking for you to play an important role in managing and promoting the system, keeping content engaging and fresh. We also use Kallidus Perform for our objective setting/annual review process and you will be instrumental in the administration of this system and ensuring our process runs smoothly.
You shouldn’t be shy of introducing new methods of learning here at Mercia, we are open to being creative and effective with our training budget and our apprenticeship levy funds and would like you to be recommending how we make best use of these funds.
We are looking for you to contribute to the design and development of a blend of solutions and part of your role will be focussed on evaluating the effectiveness of all learning and development across the company, so that we can be sure that what we are delivering is adding value and are our team are growing.
You will be responsible for our Culture Amp platform with the creation, collection and consolidation of all company surveys/feedback, whether that be for 360 reviews, personal effectiveness feedback, engagement surveys etc.
You can imagine that as we have grown, so have the responsibilities of our managers, so it’s important for us to ensure that our managers are confident and skilled in their roles, through ongoing management training and creating a coaching culture within Mercia.
Working with and being confident in interpreting data will be a real bonus in this role, as there are more and more requirements on the team to be producing data for reporting, benchmarking and as a basis for decision making.
We are regulated by the FCA and so this means that some training for everyone here is mandatory, and some is best practice for our sector. You’ll therefore need to familiarise yourself with what is required and work closely with our compliance team to ensure that the team are fully competent.
We are a small People & Talent Team so there will no doubt be elements of cross-over and there will be the usual admin which will need to be kept on top of and is part of this role.
There may be some opportunity to be involved in more general People projects as this role develops. Being part of a small team, we will always help each other out and share experiences.
What do you need to bring to the role?
To be successful in this role, you will need to show us that:
- You are highly organised and can juggle multiple priorities.
- You have worked with an LMS previously (preferably Kallidus), including designing and updating content.
- You can design learning journeys, from scoping the need, to identifying relevant content and materials across a variety of platforms, to evaluating success.
- You must be passionate about learning and we would like to see that you are continuing your own learning journey.
- You are a trusted advisor and have the confidence and experience to gain the credibility of our team here, you will be working with line managers and the senior team regularly.
- You excel at working in a fast-paced environment where you are trusted to deliver.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the team at all levels.
- You are prepared to work hard and roll your sleeves up– we are a small team with big ambition!
- You may come from a large corporate training background where you will have picked up best practice along the way but you will need experience of delivering generalist L&D responsibilities.
- You may have an understanding of financial services or planning/delivering training in a regulated environment.
- You may have experience of managing apprenticeship levy funds.
- Experience of graduate development/training programmes may be useful in the future.
- Experience of using a platform such as Culture Amp for the creation, distribution and evaluation of development feedback questionnaires, employee surveys etc would be beneficial.
- Some experience in using PowerBI and HR dashboards for monitoring data and reporting would be helpful.
- You will have a good academic background or demonstrable relevant career experience.
- You may be CIPD qualified but don’t worry if not, it’s more about what you have achieved so far and your ambition.
- You should be proficient in the use of the usual Microsoft products.
- The People & Talent Team are based in Henley-in-Arden and so access to a car is required (Henley is not that easy to reach on public transport). There will be times when you may have to travel to training events and our other Mercia offices so you should be fully mobile and have the flexibility to sometimes work out of hours.
- In line with our core values, you must be able to demonstrate that you are Growth Focused, Responsive, Respectful/Responsible, Connected and Trusted.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
What we can offer you:
In addition to your base salary, we offer a broad and exciting range of perks and benefits, including family-friendly policies, wellbeing support, Mercia Spirit charity days, regular 1-2-1’s, mentoring and support with training and career development.
We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you prefer to use.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if we receive sufficient applications for the position. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.