Due to our continued and exciting growth, we are currently recruiting for a full-time Team Administrator to support with the administration and coordination of tasks, primarily within our People, Talent & Workspaces function but also with a focus on supporting our Marketing and Portfolio Resourcing teams. This will be a busy and varied position, keeping these teams ticking and playing a key role in team deliverables. This opportunity would be ideal for somebody who likes to be involved in a wide range of activities, thrives in cross-team working and enjoys a role where no two days are the same!
You will be based in our Henley-in-Arden office at least 3 days each week and there will be some travel to our Manchester office, with an occasional need to work from our other offices/event locations. You should be completely flexible on office days within the working week.
People & Talent Team Responsibilities:
- HR System Administration – adding new employees to Bamboo HR and updating employee details and changes.
- Recruitment Administration – arranging interviews and collecting feedback.
- New Employee Onboarding – taking up references, processing the new starter paperwork and supporting our Facilities Coordinator with IT requirements.
- Training – assisting the Talent & Development Coordinator on induction planning, welcome days, booking external/inhouse training courses and keeping records updated within the training system.
- Off Boarding – leavers process administration including setting up exit interviews.
Other P&T responsibilities:
- Working with the People & Talent Coordinator to create annual Benefit Schedules.
- Collating information for the first draft of our internal newsletter, Friday Files.
- Supporting Mercia Heart initiatives and suggesting ideas; planning, sourcing, packing and posting gifts to employees.
- Arranging annual health checks and assisting with regular internal wellbeing events.
- Supporting with the annual PDR process and employee survey administration.
- Being an extra pair of hands in the Henley office to maintain a functioning, tidy and welcoming workspace.
- Providing general administration support to the Head of People, Talent & Workspaces.
Marketing & Comms, Portfolio Resourcing & Event Responsibilities: (c.30% of time on average)
- Assisting with the booking, preparation and attendance of offsite internal events including our What We Do Days, #OneMercia Away Day/overnight event and external Chair Summit, lunches and other ad-hoc get -togethers, with limited offsite and overnight attendance.
- Minor website maintenance – adding new portfolio businesses onto the website (and update when realised), reviewing and making housekeeping changes.
- Point of contact for ‘set-build’ ahead of PLC results roadshows, assisting with appointments and hotel bookings for roadshows.
- Minor PPT assistance.
- Arranging banners and merchandise for events.
- Assisting with event reporting on our CRM system QuickBase including correlation, adding relevant information, updating post-event.
- Webinar support – co-ordinating admin side including follow up data and outreach support.
- Assisting the Portfolio Resourcing team with arranging interviews.
- Updating Team Tailor, an internal applicant tracking system (Portfolio Resourcing Team).
- Writing up Non-Executive candidate profiles (Portfolio Resourcing Team).
- Helping with travel bookings when required (Portfolio Resourcing Team).
The above list is not exhaustive and this person may be asked to be involved in other activities where time allows.
What you’ll need:
We are looking for someone with previous experience of working in a small and busy HR/Operations/Office Support team. You may have a PA background and are happy providing a key supporting role. A financial/professional services background may be beneficial and although this role doesn’t have a heavy emphasis on events, events experience or interest is desirable. Key skills and competencies include:
- Prepared to roll sleeves up and get stuck in, we are a small, growing and ambitious team!
- Strong work ethic and used to working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Enthusiastic team player who sees the value of a strong company culture.
- Solid IT skills and experience of working with a HR/People system.
- Trustworthy and confidential.
- Conscientious and able to deliver consistently to a high standard.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organised.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- An ability to prioritise and manage own time efficiently, used to working to tight deadlines, ensuring they are met.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willing to share ideas and maintain best practice in all aspects of the job.
- A positive approach, enquiring mindset and open and flexible attitude.
- We are a collaborative team and it is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (growth focused, responsive, knowledgeable, trusted).
- Professional/financial services background may be advantageous.
- You must be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices and event locations periodically.
- You must have a full driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK and have the unrestricted use of a car.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive base salary along with an exciting range of perks and benefits.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.