What information do we collect about you?
If you are an adviser, wealth manager, an employee of an existing or potential institutional client, or are exercising investment control for an institutional client
- Personal information about you, e.g. name, age, gender, title, date of birth
- Contact information, e.g. email, phone number, address, postcode
- Company information, e.g. employer company name, company registration number, company address, job title at company
- Event attendance information (where applicable), e.g. attendance at events, special dietary requirements
- Verification/identification information e.g. passport/driving licence numbers, tax certificate records and any other personal information contained within these documents (e.g. photos, gender, age, nationality, date of birth). Note that this may include ‘special categories’ of data about you (as denoted in the Data Protection Act 2018) such as your racial or ethnic origin, as well as personal data relating to any past criminal convictions and offences.
- Contractual information, e.g. details about your client’s products and benefits, such as your investment requests, investment allocation data, amount invested
Why do we collect your personal information and on what grounds?
An adviser, wealth manager, an employee of an existing or potential institutional client, or are exercising investment control for an institutional client
|Purpose for processing||Legal basis|
|Processing your investment application||Performance of a contract|
|Verifying your identity and preventing fraud (e.g. KYC and AML checks)||Compliance with our legal obligations
Performance of a contract or for taking steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you
Substantial public interest (in respect of special categories of personal data or criminal convictions/offences data)
|Fulfilling any legal or regulatory obligations (e.g. producing HMRC or international tax reports, performing suspicious transactions checks, and providing bi-annual investment reports to the FCA)||Compliance with our legal obligations|
|Completing any requests you make||Performance of a contract|
|Keeping you updated about your investment with regular reports||Performance of a contract|
|Maintaining a backup of the investment register for business continuity purposes||Our legitimate interests (business continuity)|
|Managing our relationship with our institutional clients||Performance of a contract|
|Assessing and developing our products, systems, prices and brand, including by researching our customers’ opinions and exploring new ways to meet their needs||Our legitimate interests (market research and improving our business offering)|
|Sending you marketing emails and contacting you about our products and services||Our legitimate interests (direct marketing to corporate recipients)
Your consent (if the institutional client is a sole trader or partnership)