Mercia is a national investment group focused on the creation/identification, funding and scaling of innovative technology businesses with high growth potential from the UK regions. As an Analyst in our Leeds based Ventures team, you will play a key role in providing research and information to support sound investment decision-making.
This is an entry level role, with progression to Investment Associate as the next usual step after a successful 18 month to two year period. You will be based in Leeds and there is a requirement to travel to other Mercia offices and client sites including Sheffield and Manchester.
The Analyst is responsible for:
- Carrying out market research to identify investment opportunities across industries, providing data as directed and making recommendations for investment.
- Developing financial models and projection.
- Closely monitoring financial press; tracking market and sector trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Examining and assessing economic and market trends, earning prospects, financial statements and other indicators and factors to determine suitable funding strategies.
- Working with the investment team in supporting the evaluation of companies.
- Developing sector specific thought leadership pieces.
- Keeps Group CRM system updated to ensure records are accurate and current.
Skills & Experience:
- A graduate with at least a 2:1 degree or a financial qualification will be considered positively.
- Relevant work experience preferred.
- Sound commercial acumen and analytical skills; able to examine and interpret data from different sources and understand its impact on investment decisions.
- Strong financial analysis skills; ability to understand financial information, including financial statements, company accounts and sector data.
- Good research and writing skills.
- Strong work and team ethics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong Excel and database skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
- A keen interest in keeping up-to-date on the UK economy and financial markets.
- We are a collaborative team and so it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Responsible/Respectful, Trusted and Connected).
- Given the regular travel to our other UK offices and client sites, unrestricted mobility is a requirement, with a current / valid driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK.
- The role is full-time and you should have the right to work in the UK.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive base salary along with an exciting range of perks and benefits.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender reassignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if we receive sufficient applications for the position. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.