Mercia is a national investment group focused on the identification, funding and scaling of innovative technology businesses with high growth potential from the UK regions. You will join our growing tax-efficient Investor Relations and Operations team in this role.
In this role, you will support the team with operational activities, alongside building and maintaining relationships and providing vital services to investors, intermediaries, and the team.
The Client Services Administrator is responsible for providing investor services for our tax-efficient products, operational support for the smooth running of the funds, and key support to the rest of the team. The successful candidate may not have significant experience working in a similar role, but administrative experience in a financial or other regulated environment is preferred. The successful applicant would need to rapidly develop a good understanding of tax efficient funds (EIS and VCT) and Mercia’s investment strategy.
This is a full-time position, based in our Henley-in-Arden office. We operate a Flex+ policy which allows for a maximum of 2 home working days each week.
Key responsibilities include –
- Ensure all applications to invest into the fund are carefully reviewed and processed, whilst also following up with clients and intermediaries, keeping them informed as to the status of their application.
- Deliver outstanding professional communication and take ownership for client and intermediary queries, responding to calls, emails and written enquiries, ensuring a quick turnaround time, whilst maintaining positive on-going relationships.
- On request, lead the preparation and distribution of ad-hoc documentation to IFAs and investors.
- Arrange for the timely payment of adviser fees.
- Work closely with the Fund Operations Manager to prepare client allocations for each investment made.
- Ensure tax certificates are generated correctly by our custodian.
- On the successful exits of investment, work with the team to communicate this with investors and advisers and ensure the smooth distribution or reinvestment of proceeds.
- When an investment is unsuccessful, generate and distribute loss relief letters for our investors.
- Prepare and distribute accurate valuation statements as requested for VCT and EIS investors.
- Create and maintain a system to monitor and ensure that all intermediary communication is allowable through the relevant letters of authority.
- Involvement in other projects or events as requested.
What you’ll need:
- The successful candidate will be bright, outgoing, driven, and have an enthusiasm to learn.
- A basic understanding of EIS and VCT.
- Experience of working in a financial or regulated environment.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, numerical reasoning, and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with a solid working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel in particular, CRM and database use.
- An outgoing personality with excellent telephone skills; comfortable speaking on the telephone with clients and intermediaries.
- It is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Connected, Responsible/Respectful, Trusted).
- You should have the right to work in the UK.
- A current / valid driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive base salary along with an exciting range of perks and benefits including our family-friendly benefits. We are working flexibly in line with our Flex+ Policy.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if we receive sufficient applications for the position. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.