Mercia is known as one of the country’s leading regional investors able to drive significant and profitable growth through our Complete Connected Capital model. Our mission is to find great domestic businesses with global potential. Because of our strong local footprint, deep understanding and knowledge of the regions, we have been successful in finding such businesses through serial founders that trust us to invest and behave responsibly. Some of these are in quite discrete sectors which we are only able to access through our specialist expertise and established networks, many of which have performed well in this current environment. An exciting time for the company despite what has been an unprecedented year in terms of the disruption of COVID-19, Mercia has emerged a year ahead of plan and has already grown its team by 24 people over the last 12 months.
Our strength has come as a result of our people and culture that has Mercia’s values at its core. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Data Verification Analyst to join our Fund Administration team on a six month fixed term contract.
As Data Verification Analyst, your role is to ensure that the investment data held within the company’s asset management system (Quickbase) across all of its funds is accurate and up-to-date so that reliance can be placed on that data as the one source of truth, from which automated reports, analyses and investee company valuations can be generated.
- Gaining a full understanding of the structure, content and functionality of the company’s asset management system as quickly as possible.
- Efficiently navigating the company’s document management and storage system.
- Ensuring that information held on the asset management system for each of Mercia’s portfolio companies is complete and accurate, and will stand up to internal and external audit inspection. This will include, but not be limited to:
– scrutinising investment agreements and related legal documents;
– interpreting capitalisation tables and other relevant portfolio company records;
– checking and comparing information to Companies House records;
– collaborating with Fund Administrators;
– liaising with the investment team and also the legal and finance teams;
– validating and correcting errors identified;
– and ensuring that there is a full audit trail to support all data changes made.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A proven track record of working in the detail; scrupulous attention to detail is essential.
- A passion for getting things right, tenacious in pursuing a query until satisfactory resolution.
- An ability to examine and interpret data from different sources, efficiently and effectively.
- This role would suit someone with a bookkeeping/accounts background and ideally, demonstrable experience of dealing with legal agreements and Companies House records, or someone with a legal background and demonstrable numeracy skills.
- Experience of having worked in the investment sector would be helpful.
- Quickbase experience advantageous.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with colleagues at all levels.
- We are a collaborative team and it is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (growth focused, responsive, knowledgeable, trusted).
- You must have a full driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: email@example.com
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.