Do you have previous administration experience and excellent time management skills? Do you have a passion for getting things right? Well, we would love to hear from you!
Mercia is known as one of the country’s leading regional investors able to drive significant and profitable growth through our Complete Connected Capital model. Our mission is to find great domestic businesses with global potential. Mercia is a responsible employer and we have built a culture where your professional and personal growth is as important as Mercia’s growth.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Fund/ESG Administrator to support the investment teams in the administration of their funds and the Head of Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) in managing portfolio company ESG data, with responsibilities including but not limited to: the investment process, internal and external reporting processes, the day-to-day functioning of the funds and their investment portfolio, and collating, extrapolating and reporting on portfolio company ESG data.
Reporting to the Head of Client Reporting and Fund Administration, the Fund/ESG Administrator will liaise extensively with the Fund Administration team, investment teams, Managing Directors, Chief Investment Officer and Head of ESG. The role will be based in Leeds; initially you will be required to attend induction and training sessions at our Henley-in-Arden office but thereafter, you will have the benefit of hybrid/flexible working arrangements.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent time management and a high level of organisation are essential requirements.
- A passion for getting things right, tenacious in pursuing a query until satisfactory resolution; scrupulous attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Numerate, ideally with previous experience of data collation and extrapolation.
- Proficient in database use.
- Previous experience in administration roles, combined with strong controls background.
- An interest in ESG would be beneficial but not essential.
- We are a collaborative team and it is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (growth focused, responsive, knowledgeable, trusted).
- You should be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices, including (but not restricted to) Henley-in-Arden, Manchester and Newcastle.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive base salary along with an exciting range of perks and benefits.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.