Do you have previous experience in reducing aged debt, debtor days and outstanding invoices? Are you an enthusiastic team player with a positive approach, enquiring mindset and flexible attitude? Well, we would love to hear from you!
Mercia is known as one of the country’s leading regional investors able to drive significant and profitable growth through our Complete Connected Capital model. Our mission is to find great domestic businesses with global potential. Mercia is a responsible employer and we have built a culture where your professional and personal growth is as important as Mercia’s growth.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Group Credit Controller who is responsible for the accounting of Mercia’s parent and subsidiary companies, operating in a fast-paced, professional environment where everyone collaborates to drive the business forward. As Credit Controller you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, ensuring that at all times, appropriate controls and processes are adhered to. We currently benefit from hybrid/flexible working arrangements.
Key responsibilities include –
- Preparation and processing of fee invoices to investee companies for all Mercia Group entities.
- Preparation and processing of fee invoices to EIS investors.
- Posting all invoices to SAGE accounting software.
- Monitoring cash received and updating the debtors’ ledger.
- Chasing outstanding payments by telephone, email and where necessary letter.
- Producing weekly debtor reports for review by the Financial Controller, Group Financial Controller and Fund Principals.
- Attendance at regular debtor review meetings.
- Assisting with the year end and interim audits.
- Support the Financial Controller and Finance Team with any ad hoc projects
What you’ll need:
- Ability to demonstrate previous successes in reducing aged debt, debtor days and outstanding invoices
- Clear and professional communication style with a tenacious, problem-solving attitude.
- Enthusiastic team player with a positive approach, enquiring mindset and flexible attitude.
- Capable of forging strong internal and external relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail while maintaining a sense of the bigger picture, with a desire to strive for and maintain best practice.
- Well organised and self-motivated with an ability to prioritise and manage own time efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of using Sage 50/100/200 or Intacct
- Strong Excel skills and good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products
- It is important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- This role will involve occasional travel to other Mercia office locations, so the ability to travel in this role is a requirement. You must have the right to work in the UK.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive base salary along with an exciting range of perks and benefits.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.