This is a new role for Mercia and we seek an outstanding individual with a proven track record of operational delivery and management, as Mercia continues on its ambitious growth trajectory.
You will be responsible for the management of a range of operational activities and process improvements, to ensure that the company operates efficiently as it grows. This role will touch many different parts of our business, including IT, Facilities, Health & Safety, supplier and contract management and you will work closely with all of the whole team to implement best practices and processes across the Group.
You will be trusted to help us remain secure, efficient and profitable and as a growing people centric business, our Operations Manager must love being involved, have a genuine desire to embrace our culture/ways of working and be a true champion of continuous improvement.
Given the regular travel to our other UK offices, unrestricted mobility is a requirement. The role is full time but we will also consider part time for exceptional candidates wishing to work a 3 or 4 day week.
You will be responsible for:
- Translating our operational strategy into actionable plans.
- Managing our Facilities Co-ordinator in her split role, with responsibility for Health & Safety and Facilities across the Group.
- Driving and optimising operational efficiency and inter-operability, performance, profitability and processes across the Group with Facilities/IT/Telecoms/Systems/H&S/Business Continuity & Insurances, ensuring excellent service levels for the team from our outsourced providers where appropriate.
- Delivering company-wide process/continuous improvement projects & initiatives, ensuring that all operations are carried out in an appropriate and cost-effective way.
- Driving internal initiatives such as our O2 (Opportunities & Obstacles) Group and Mercia Knowledge (data and systems).
- Helping us remain operationally legally compliant.
- Overseeing our operations budget spending and forecasting.
- Ensuring supplier contractual commitments and KPI’s are met and in line with agreed SLA’s and budget planning/tracking.
- Being the first point of contact and fix for any issues as they arise, being solution focused and escalating, where appropriate.
- Identifying efficiencies and systems using effective benchmarking comparisons if appropriate to drive operational performance.
- Ensuring our IT systems are fit for purpose and drive inter-operability.
- Working with our ESG team to ensure that we are considering our environmental impacts /potential /reduction targets as a Group.
- Working with our Compliance/Risk team, ensuring business continuity plans are in place and being responsible for the incident management process.
- Co-ordinating future refurbishment projects, liaising with landlords where necessary.
- Managing relationships and negotiating with landlords through the lifecycle of all operational leasing agreements.
- Organising the annual insurance renewals.
- Keeping company policies up-to-date in line with latest changes and creating new company guidance for team members on specific topics where required.
- Supporting good data management across the company, including GDPR compliant processes.
- Managing suppliers, including the sourcing of new providers for operational processes and other requirements across the Group.
- Prioritising conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and following through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A demonstrable career to date as an Operations Manager/Director in a growing organisation. This role requires financial, operational, and strategic input, so we are seeking someone with good levels of financial understanding, business planning and operational management.
- Prepared to roll sleeves up and get stuck in to the day-to day. We are a small team!
- Unflappable by nature with a flexible mindset and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Experience of managing multiple office locations.
- Strong contract and supplier negotiation skills
- Literacy with understanding supplier contracts and lease agreements and negotiating on behalf of Mercia.
- Statutory and regulatory knowledge of H&S in an office/professional setting.
- A continuous improvement mindset having worked as part of a continuous/business improvement team/environment.
- A natural communicator and team player. Genuinely open, collaborative and can engage to build cohesive relationships.
- Ability to identify and proactively manage risk.
- Knowledge of data best practice including practical understanding of GDPR legislation.
- Clear understanding of business IT requirements and ability to liaise successfully with IT providers.
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to prioritise and work successfully in a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Has managed a small team and can inspire and motivate.
- Strategic awareness, critical thinker who can generate new ideas and approaches.
- You will be agile at problem solving, creative in your approach and have the ability to think outside of the box.
- You will ensure high quality services and standards to all stakeholders.
- You will be confident and ambitious and show aspirations to reach a senior level role in 3-5 years’ time.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, understanding the potential consequences of non-compliance with legislative, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Strong Excel skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
- Evidence of solid academic achievement.
- We are a collaborative team and so it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- You should be fully mobile and prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices or locations for meetings as required.
- You should have the right to work in the UK and a current/valid driving licence enabling you to drive in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to join us: email@example.com
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.