As a member of the Mercia NPIF Portfolio team, you will be providing proactive management of loans in companies made by the Mercia Investment team, in Yorkshire and the Humber. Specifically you will help to manage the portfolio of loans in the NPIF portfolio, reporting on performance to the Investment Director responsible.
You will also be involved in the preparation of portfolio data and reports, supporting the Investment Director in managing under-performing assets.
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing support to the investment team on NPIF loans, working closely with the Investment Director – NPIF Portfolio.
- Post investment after-care, comprising management and monitoring of the financial and operational performance of the investee company.
- Monitoring the performance of the company against conditions subsequent, forecasts and agreed covenants.
- Ensuring the timely receipt of management accounts; holding regular review meetings; and compliance with the loan agreements for each assigned portfolio company.
- Assessing investee company performance and identifying ‘at risk’ situations based on trading performance and cash.
- Undertaking regular and ad hoc analysis, reporting and reviews to the Investment Director – Portfolio and to such internal or external bodies as appropriate for each investment, making recommendations on provisioning policy and recovery strategy.
- Assisting the investment team by identifying follow-on investment opportunities.
- Supporting the annual and MHCLG audit processes.
- Ensure compliance with AML regulations, ensuring that all regulatory and compliance matters are acted upon.
- Keeping our group CRM system regularly updated, maintaining investment databases and other records in respect of NPIF loans.
- Maintaining valuation spreadsheet, to provide an up-to-date view on the portfolio and Risk performance.
- Ensuring service level standards and turnaround times are met.
- Working with the rest of the team, assisting and covering colleagues during times of holiday or absence.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous lending/portfolio management experience, with a sound technical background.
- The ability to build solid internal relationships and external partnerships with investment/portfolio colleagues and assigned portfolio companies.
- Experience of working with investee companies at Executive level.
- Experience of managing ‘at risk’ portfolios, including insolvency situations.
- Excellent communications skills, comfortable having difficult conversations and managing multiple stakeholders.
- A strong work and team ethic and shares our Mercia Core Values.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ambition and self-motivation – ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Strong Excel skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
- We are a collaborative team and so it’s important that you share our Mercia Core Values (Growth Focused, Responsive, Knowledgeable, Trusted).
- You must be able to drive and be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices and client sites.
- You should have the right to work in the UK.
Mercia Asset Management PLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity at Mercia and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment equally and fairly, regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious beliefs, gender or gender realignment, sexual orientation or marital status, disability, responsibility for dependants or age.